Ricardo Bugalho wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:33:26 -0500, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

When I look at databases, I see a bunch of very good solutions that are
either overly complex or heavyweight on one hand and very nice and simple
but unable to deal with concurrency on the other.  two sets of point
solutions that try to stretch themselves and the developers to fit other
application contexts.

Have you considerded SQLite/pySQLite ?

yep and apparently it won't work

http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q7

if I had record level locking, the code would do a very common pattern like:

if record present:
 Lock record
 modify record
 release lock
else:
 create record atomically (actual method TBB)

if I read their opinion correctly, the SQL lite folks are wrong in that only the applications need massive concurrency. Small applications need significant to massive concurrency for very tiny windows on very little data.

but I do appreciate the pointer.