Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> Robert Brewer wrote:
> > Try svn://casadeamor.com/dejavu/trunk if you want a truly
> Pythonic query
> > syntax. Wait a couple of days, and I'll have version 1.3 ready and
> > online at http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python -- lots of changes from
> > 1.2.6 which is there now, but at least you can read old
> docs online now
> > without svn.
>
> Thanks a lot for the reply. I've skimmed the documentation (very
> well-written, by the well), and I really like the looks of what I've
> seen so far. I'm a bit confused about where sandboxes get created,
> though; in a Web application, would I give each request a
> sandbox of its
> own, or create one for the entire application, or what?

Correct; in a Web application, each request should get its own sandbox.
Here's a sample mod_python request.py script, where "cation" is my
webapp framework, and "mcontrol" is the name of the app itself, which
possesses a Dejavu arena object.

------------

from cation.html.uimodpython import UserInterfaceModPython
import mcontrol

def handler(req):
    ui = UserInterfaceModPython(mcontrol.application)
    ui.sandbox = mcontrol.arena.new_sandbox()
    ui.request(req)
    ui.sandbox.flush_all()
    return ui.status_code

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. I've finally tested postgres, mysql, and sqlite on both Debian
Linux and Windows 2k, and made the final updates. So the 1.3 release
should be _very_ soon.