Michael Goettsche wrote:
I convinced my CS teacher to use Python in school. We currently have 2.2 installed on a Windows 2000 Terminal server. I asked the system administrator to upgrade to Python 2.4, but he didn't succeed in doing it. He used the microsoft installer package, which according to him crashed when starting. So my question is if there's an alternative way to install it(must be easy). Would it be an option to remove 2.2 first and then try to install 2.4 again?

That would be an option, but I doubt it helps. Please have a look at

http://www.python.org/2.4/bugs.html

Most likely, you need to upgrade Visual Basic on that machine.

Of course, without a precise error description, it is hard to tell.

Regards,
Martin