Paul Rubin wrote:

> Philippe Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Well I am under NDA so I cannot tell you what the application is - I need
>> numbers (dec) with up to 24 digits.
>
> You actually need to represent numbers up to 10**24??
>
>> As I said, I went the other way - more data on the line (from dev 1 to
>> dev 2) - but I feel there is no speed issue at this stage.
>
> What are your memory constraints?

On device #1 no constraint for my purpose. On the smartcard, the tradeoff is
between using EEPROM (plenty + slow + small life expectancy) for temp
variables versus RAM (very little) ... but I do not think it is an issue
eather in my case. Speed is what worries me most (crypto takes time).

But so far so good.

Regards,

Philippe