At Tuesday 29/8/2006 01:13, rdrink wrote:

  File "the_farmer2.py", line 112, in equate
    iL = int(parts[1])
ValueError: invalid literal for int(): -

So parts[1] is '-'.
Try adding a few print statements; I'd add a try/except around those lines, printing parts, I bet it's not what you expect it to be.
The problem appears to be in the calling code, not on this function.

equate() was called 500 times... in some cases with the list 'parts'
equaling things like ['0',2','3','0'], so I have no reason to believe
that the problem is with the way the list is being passed in... but I
could be wrong)

...like above, where you missed a quote.

 Can anyone see something I can't?

Not on the code fragment you posted.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL