Hi,

thanks for the helpful reply.
I wanted to do two things - learn to use Beautiful Soup and bring out
all the information
in the bookmarks file to import into another application. So I need to
be able to travel down the tree in the bookmarks file. bookmarks seems
to use header tags which can then contain a tags where the href
attributes are. What I don't understand is how to create objects which
can then be used to return the information in the next level of the
tree.

Thanks again,
Martin.