Hi all,

Congratulations, you understand both Hinduism and Python better than I
do now.  :) c.f.
http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/brdup/brhad_III-09.html

"Kati references, Yajnavalkya, iti?"

 the answer lies in a single line as pronounced by sri adi sankaracharya -
"aham bramhasmi sivoha sivoham " , which is still not implemented in python. infact not in any other language! which is a limitatin of computers (and comp languages) - they simply arent intelligent.
aham, tvam sah: cha madhye kim bhedam bhavati ? bhedam nasti !

Python uses two garbage collection schemes together. It uses reference
counting (when number of references goes to zero, remove object from
memory) and mark-and-sweep (comb through process memory methodically
looking for objects that are no longer accessible). This is what
allows it to collect cyclic structures, such as trees whose nodes
links to their parents and vice versa.

why is that python doesnt implement direct memory addressing provided a reference to an object exists ?

GC intercedes at various intervals when convenient. I don't think it
would be immediate though.
what is the interval and what is its effect on the performance of python interpreter ?
regards,
KM