Mitko,

Thank you for your response.

You understand the problem correctly. The Python module uses MPI calls
in its implementation. The idea of the project is to create an
abstraction for a distributed memory computer. In doing so, the user is
mostly isolated from a need to understand and use MPI calls.

After my post, I was able to find some more information on the subject.
I think you are right in that mpiexec (or equivalents) would not work
without some extra work. However it seems that using an additional
module (such as <a
href="http://datamining.anu.edu.au/~ole/pypar/";>Pypar</a>) would allow
me to use Python with mpiexec.

Thank you,