----
----
----
>> Yep, unelegant API I mantain
>
> yuck.  if that's the kind of UI programs you're writing, we sure have
> different design ideals.
Those are all small code examples you find in the Python manual! They
are not a working program in itself and should not be taken so. I just
state my point about an ugly API with them.

> and arguing that Tkinter is unelegant when you're doing silly things in
> a silly way is a bit like arguing that Python is unelegant because your
> first attempt to write a "hello world" program resulted in:
>
>      import sys
>      # .stdout.write("Hello World") # gives unusable error message
>      from sys import stdout as glah
>      glah.writelines(iter(" ".join(["h3110", "W0rlD"])))
>
>> And no modern layout manager available. Only those old school
>> left/right/up/down pack and anchors are available.
>
> huh?  when did you last look at Tk?  1994?
Yesterday. In fact, I could find no mention at all of layout managers
others than those working with anchors. Anchors are soooo old school
nowadays :)

Honestly, I can't stand using anchors or the Packer anymore. The systems
used in wx, Qt are much better. Use them once and you cannot live
without them anymore.