Lee Harr wrote:
On 2005-02-03, BJörn Lindqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The process seem slow. I've submitted two patches and haven't gotten
any response so far, but it has only been three weeks. Other patches
seem to be idling for months. I'm not complaining, just want to know
why the process is so slow and what you can do when you submit
patches/bug reports to speed it up?

I am certainly no expert, but I follow the lists. I recall reading something recently that a lot of the logjam is the need for people to look over other patches that have been submitted. Something along the lines of ... if everyone who submits a patch will just go through and check over 10 other patches we will have this backup sorted quickly.

Yeah, a few of the python-devvers have agreed to this setup. And the patch count has been lowered to 5. So if you really want to get your patch reviewed, find 5 patches, look them over, test them out, and then post your recommendations on how these patches should be handled to python-dev. Then point them to the patch you'd like reviewed, and when the generous python-devvers who have agreed to this setup get a chance, they will review your patch.

STeVe