snacktime wrote:

Also, I'm curious how much demand their is for this application in the
Python world. The application replaces online credit card
processors(Verisign, Authorizenet) by providing a platform that
connects directly to the bank networks for credit card processing, and
also provides other features such as recurring billing, reporting,
etc.. Everything except the libraries that actually connect to the
bank networks would be open source, and those libraries aren't
something that you would even want to touch anyways.

Personally, I would avoid running any software that processed my users' credit cards that wasn't open source. Not to say I wouldn't use it, but it would have to come from a known-reliable source with their full backing to imply the security of their name. e.g. If it was a bytecode library downloadable directly from bankofamerica.com. The risk of devious programming is too high to bother. So I pay Verisign or Authorizenet one cent on the dollar. In exchange, my clients' identities aren't being stolen.

Hope this help,

Gabriel.