At Wednesday 15/11/2006 14:33, Nigel Rantor wrote:

I have an IDL file that is used to generate a set of stub and skeleton
code that is not human-modifiable.

Eventually I would like to have my IDL in source control and have a
setup script able to generate my stubs and skels and install them for me.

At the same time I want to produce code that uses this code but in the
same package.

[...]
Basically, I want the same top-level package to have bits of code in
different directories, but because Python requires the __init__.py file
it only picks up the first one in PYTHONPATH.

Put both directories in the same package. But this is the obvious thing, so maybe I'm missing something.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL