Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> > OK I see that now. Thanks for pointing that out. So basically, I can't
> > do what I want at all. That's a bit of a pain. Is there no way of
> > tricking Qt into thinking I'm running it in the main thread?
>
> Maybe you can either invert the thread-roles - that is, run your "main"
> application in a thread, and if needed start the Qt-thing, or you might
> consider spawning a process and using pyro. Which will work very neat, done
> so myself.
>
> Diez

Yeah I was thinking that's going to have to be the way to go... I can't
run the main app in a child thread, so I'll have to spawn the GUI as a
seperate process and communicate with it. Didn't know about pyro
though, thanks for the link. You've used it successfully with PyQt in a
seperate process?

Cheers,

Anders