At Wednesday 22/11/2006 10:00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have an application that is using embedded python to offer some
scripting ability. An API is exposed via SWIG, and I am accessing that
API from my embedded python interpreter.

Scripts are present as separate files, and I'm invoking them at present
using the following:

        iserr = PyRun_AnyFileEx(f,name,1);

        if(iserr){
                /* tell the user */
                return 1;
        }else{
                /* all good */
                return 0;
        }

My question is, if I want to be able to get information about
exceptions that have occurred here (perhaps a syntax error, or an
import error, or perhaps a runtime error), what would be the easiest
way to do this now?

I understand that I'm currently using the 'very high level interface'
for python embedding. What's the easiest next step down that will allow
me to catch exceptions and report them?

I can't verify it right now, but I think that the PyRun_File* family would let you call PyErr_Occurred and related functions afterwards.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL