John J. Lee wrote:
The only change I made to regrtest other than the print statements was
to add Lib to sys.path, so I pick up modules from CVS instead of the
installed 2.4 versions (yeah, I know I should build and install a
python2.5 executable from CVS, but I don't see how that's relevant here).

I didn't read your whole message so I may be off track here, but regrtest.py has some arguably demented path handling behaviour, and it's driven mainly by the physical location of regrtest.py. In particular:

def findtestdir():
    if __name__ == '__main__':
        file = sys.argv[0]
    else:
        file = __file__
    testdir = os.path.dirname(file) or os.curdir
    return testdir

So intead of adding anything to sys.path, tweak the call to 'main' on the final line to set "testdir" appropriately.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia