Please keep posting on this list, surely other people can help more than I.

At Thursday 7/12/2006 06:16, Ingo Wolf wrote:

> At Wednesday 6/12/2006 12:23, iwl wrote:
>
> >I'm just starting with Python - would like to embed it in my
> >windows-programm as an script-processor. For tests I use easygui some
> >easy-wrapper for the py-tck-stuff.
>
> Looks a bit strange for me. If the GUI will be in Python, I think you
> could do things the other way, *extending* your main Python program
> with your own C code, not *embedding* Python inside your main C program.
> I'm not sure if Tk can run without a mainloop.

No I have an Borland C++ GUI Windows App and should make it scriptable
I tryed using MS ScriptControl first but have only Problems with now I
try phyton which also have more posibillities.
May bee I find a way to also access my script engine from outside
my programm. Open and connecting some kind of terminal for my embedded
phyton would also be fine.

Embedding Python into your app seems fine - but in this case, your example (using Tk) is not a good starting point, since python wont use a GUI (your App is the GUI).

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL