Imbaud Pierre schrieb:
> - how do I spot the version of a given library? There is a __version__
>   attribute of the module, is that it?

Contrary to what others have said: for modules included in the standard
library (and if using these modules, rather than using PyXML), you
should use sys.version_info to identify a version.

> - How do I access to a given library buglist? Maybe this one is known,
>   about to be fixed, it would then be useless to report it.

Others have already pointed you to SF.

> - How do I report bugs, on a standard lib?

Likewise.

> - I tried to copy the lib somewhere, put it BEFORE the official lib in
>   "the path" (that is:sys.path), the stack shown by the traceback
>   still shows the original files being used. Is there a special
>   mechanism bypassing the sys.path search, for standard libs? (I may
>   be wrong on this, it seems hard to believe...)

Which lib? "minidom.py"? Well, you are likely importing
"xml.dom.minidom", not "minidom". So adding another minidom.py
to a directory in sys.path won't help.

Regards,
Martin