W. Watson kirjoitti:
> Gabriel Genellina wrote:

>>> As I understand it, there are two files I'm after: 1. python
>>> interpreter,
>>> and 2. a python editor. It's #2 that I'm having trouble downloading. The
>>> link is broken.
>>
>> The above link should work. Follow the instructions in a previous post.
>> Note that in the last step, you have to choose a mirror for
>> downloading; that mirrow might be down or out-of-sync so you might get
>> an error there. Choose another mirrorr...
>>
>> Note that you dont *need* PythonWin in order to use Python on Windows.
>> The standard Python distribution works fine. Even includes a Python
>> editor (IDLE) but you can use whichever editor you like to write your
>> code (even Notepad...)
>>
> We seem to be looping. I have the Python interpreter. I would like the
> pythonwin editor. The download link doesn't work on SourceForge. Where
> can I get it? If not there, where? If it can't be obtained, then I'll go
> to the default editor built into python-2.5.msi.
>

>          Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA)
>              (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
>               Obz Site:  39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet
>
>              ""I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions
>                and billions of years before I was born, and had
>                not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
>                    -- Mark Twain (a nod to evolution)

Trying to break the loop:

The above link works for me. I've tried it numerous times during this
looping. Clicking the link pops up a security warning informing that the
browser is going to enter "https mode". Do you get that pop-up?

When I accept the pop-up, I get a page containing a green rectangle
"button". When I click it, I get another page in which I have to click
download to go to the actual download page.

If this doesn't work for you there must be something wrong with your
configuration.

HTH,
Jussi