odlfox wrote:
>    I hav to add the re (regular expressions) functionality to an
> Embeded device that I'm using.  I read the re.py file and it says I
> need several dependencies, one of them is the pcre module but I found
> no pcre.py or pcre.pyc file.  Someone knows where to find something to
> solve my problem. Thanks a lot

that drills down to a .dll/.so thing depending on installation and python
version.

Best make a project/test/dummy script using all the things you want - or
actually your project as it.
And then use cx-freeze like "FreezePython -OO mystart.py" to let him collect
all the dependent modules in a dist-folder. Then you don't have to worry about
all the details yourself.
You can also use UPX and 7zip to further compress the dll's/so's and the
py-modules zip archive well.

Robert