Hi

To practice some programming skills I would like to make a mp3 player that fetches lyrics from websites. I want to use PyGTK and gstreamer.
I started some coding and i'm already stuck with the first problem.
Gtk freezes waiting for the lyric to be fetched, which I guess was expected. How to solve this and other similar problems (maybe gtk could freeze when using gstreamer)?
Someone pointed out defered from twisted package. Is it good a idea? What about using the module threading? Could it be a problem to use threads with GUI (gtk) apps?

I'm new to python, gtk and gstreamer so if possible detailed explanations are appreciated :)

Thanks
Gustavo