On Feb 11, 8:16 pm, "John Machin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 11:55 am, "susan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm new of Python, and this problem stucked me whole day but can't be
> > solved.
>
> > I use python 2.4.3, which is download from cygwin packages.
>
> Is your Python installation working properly for you with other
> things, or is installingpyExceleratorthe first thing that you have
> tried?
>
> > Then I
> > downloadedpyexcelerator-0.5.3a, unzip it,
>
> Is that "5" a typo? The latest version is 0.6.3a
>

> > $ python ./pyExcelerator/setup.py install
>
> Try this instead:
> $ cdpyExcelerator
> $ python ./setup.py install
>
> i.e. do what thepyExceleratorREADME tells you to do.
> """
> 0x0003. Installation.
> --------------------
> As usually: python ./setup.py install
> """
> This may make a positive difference; it can't be worse.
>
> HTH,
> John

Dear John,

Thank you so much! I tried as you said, finally it works. You are
right, the version should be 0.6.3a.
I still wonder why my way didn't work. I think maybe there's some hard
code of installation directory, hence, installation won't be succesful
if the directory is not exactly the same as the one in README.

cheers,