Hi. I am interested to know why python can't access DLL files directly.
It seems to me that because python can't access DLL's directly we have to
waste our time and write wrappers around libraries that have already been
written.

So if the python developers were to implement say this.

import MYDLL.dll

Then we would be able to do everything with that library that we can do in
other languages.

For eg. I want to use PyOpenGL. But the problem is the library hasn't got
all the opengl functions implemented.
So I can either develop quickly with an incomplete library or develop slowly
in assembler.
I mean really, in asm we just call the dll function directly.

Why must python be different?