On Déardaoin, Feabh 10, 2005, at 18:08 America/Chicago, Robert Kern wrote:

Timothy Grant wrote:
I was working on some things that use Glenn Strong's excellent libnjb
wrapper on my Linux box. I have since bought a PowerBook and have been
trying to get everything working correctly under OS/X.
This morning I got Python-libnjb to build without errors using the
following command:
ld -dynamic -dylib -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib/python2.3/config njb_c_wrap.o
-o _njb_c.dylib -lpython2.3 -lnjb -lSystem -framework IOKit -ldylib1.o

Try to write a distutils setup.py script. It should take care of the correct linker arguments for you.

I (distutils) usually include

-bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress

to build .so files. Maybe this helps in your case too. But the setup.py is definitively the safer way.

Christian