[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> gmpy itself is or should be pretty trivial to build on any platform
> (and I'll always happily accept any fixes that make it better on any
> specific platform, since it's easy to make them conditional so they'll
> apply to that platform only), but the underlying GMP is anything but:-
> (.

Alex, have you had a look at SAGE?

http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/

it uses GMP extensively, so they've had to patch it to work around these
issues.  You can look at the SAGE release (they package everything as the
original tarball + patches) for the GMP-specific stuff you need, though I
suspect you'll still want to play with SAGE a little bit :).  It's a mighty
impressive system.

Cheers,