Sherm Pendley wrote:
> Lew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Jim Burton wrote:
>>> Or you could stop feeding the trolls.
>> Does not apply. The OP was not being trollish
>
> You obviously don't know Xah. He's been doing this for years, cross-
> posting to various language groups trying to start an argument between
> them. He even brags about being a troll on his web site.

OK - that last is telling. I believe in the possibility of redemption: if a
troll posts non-trollishly then I am willing to give them the benefit of the
doubt.

But if Xah were being trollish, why didn't they jump on my response and call
me names?

I still think that analysis of the original post is a useful exercise to learn
Java. It's one thing to know what's right - it's another to know what's wrong
and exactly why. The more subtle Xah or other minions of Satan get in their
presentations, the more interesting the forensic exercise to dig out the truth.

Perhaps I am just trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

-- Lew