I know that the curses module has a long-standing bug wherein cursor
visibility can't be set. I'm looking at using the module for certain
uses, and this isn't a problems (as long as I hide the cursor offscreen)
as I would control visuals to provide a simulated cursor anyway. I'm
wondering, though, if there are any other elements of the curses module
I should be aware of before I commit to it, i.e. bugs that could cause
serious difficulties at some point.

This isn't criticism, I just know that the curses module is the sort of
thing that probably isn't being maintained consistently, and I for one,
have no idea how well all the new terms in common use maintain the sort
of backwards compatibility python curses will need to do its job.

Thanks,
Ken