Hi,

I assume ur on  a linux/unix box...

pls check the manual for 'split' command in linux/unix
this does ur job

regards,
KM
On 6/5/07, Pieter Potgieter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi all
I have a binary file of about 600kbytes - I want to break it up in file
chunks of 1085 bytes - every file must have a new file name.
The data is binary video frames (370 frames) - I want to play the data
back into an embedded system frame/file by file.
I am a complete Python newby - but have C/C++ skills.
Please supply/help me with an snippet or example
Thanks
Pieter

Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is
confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it
is addressed and others authorised to receive it.

Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, disclosure or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by person
or entities other then the intended recipient is prohibited.

immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and return and/or destroy the
original message and all copies from any computer.

 Denel (Pty) Ltd exercises no editorial control over e-mail messages
originating in the organisation and does not accept any responsibility for
either the contents of the message or any copyright laws that may have been
violated by the person sending this message.

Denel (Pty) Ltd is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its
receipt.

This message should not be copied or used for any purpose other than
intended, nor should it be disclosed to any other person.