yes. urllib2 has Request class that compose html headers (dict object) into
a request object where you can put Cookie: header into it. Also, there are a
few Cookie related modules you can use too.

An example using urllib2 can be something like this:

def myrequest(url):
  req = urllib2.Request(url)
  headers = {'Cookie':'cookies','some_other_headers':'contents'}
  for k,v in headers.iteritems():
     req.add_header(k,v)
  return req

Hope it helps.
Jim

I need to download files off a password protected website. So if I try
to download files off the site with python I will be blocked. Is there
anyway to send cookies with python. So I will be authenticated.

Yongjian (Jim) Xu