Hi,

I need a help with following problem which is blocking me quite seriously.

I noted some weird behavior on Windows (Python 2.3, wxPython 2.5). The same code works fine under Linux.

When using “pid = wx.Execute(cmd, wx.EXEC_ASYNC, self.process)” to spawn new wxPython based GUI program, the GUI does not pop up. I checked that the process itself is running/alive, the print over the streams get propagated to the parent process, but no GUI. It only happnes for wxPython based programs - for e.g. regural python command line programs it works fine.

It is easy to be replicated using wx Demo by opening Process and Events/Process. Then after typing in "python -u demo.py" nothing happens.

Please help, it really blocks me. The temporary work around is to use "cmd /e python -u demo.py", but I lose the unbuffered -u effect.

Thanks,
Andy