McBooCzech wrote:

Sorry for my "Ferbl typo".

No offense was caused, I was just joking.

For the local anti-smoking campaign

As a public health epidemiologist, that's the sort of application of our project I like to see! And judging by the reports by Martin Mcgee and colleagues at the European Public Health Observatory, such campaigns are sorely needed in most of eastern Europe. I am sure Vaclav Havel is convinced of the need for anti-smoking campaigns.

I am
trying to link some addresses which contain following "linkable"
informations (data fields) only:

RECORD_ID, Street + No., City, Post code,

All data are now w/o Unicode characters. Do you think it possible to
try to link it with Febrl w/o deep code modification?

Yes.

I did try to link our data but the result is just a plenty of warning
messages but no links. What is your suggestion? Please understand I do
not want to bother you with my questions. I am just asking you your
comments or pointers before I will try to dig in to the code. You
probably know some "tricks" in data organization or something like
that, which can be much easier then code digging.

I can send our CSVs to you (they are small, just about 3204 records in
the A data-set and about 1241 records in the B data-set) and a log as
well.

I have tried to organized oru files as following:
      FEBRL reqirements : Our data
      ==============================
                'rec_id': RECORD_ID,
            'given_name': ""
               'surname': ""
            'street_num': ""
        'address_part_1': ""
        'address_part_2': Street + No.
                'suburb': City
              'postcode': Post code
                 'state': ""
         'date_of_birth': ""
            'soc_sec_id': ""

Thanks for your answer and suggestions

We would be pleased to assist - but off-list. Please send the exact text of the error messages (the log) directly to Peter Christen and myself in the first instance. Further discussion of these applictaon-specific issues is not appropriate for the general Python list - but you could report back to the Python list on your overall experience after we have solved the problems with you.

Regards,

Tim C