On 7/9/07, Gabriel Genellina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> En Mon, 09 Jul 2007 10:48:39 -0300, Chris Mellon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> escribió:
>
> > It's working as instructed, but that doesn't mean that it's doing the
> > best thing. It's common practice for mailing lists to set the reply-to
> > to the list itself, because that's the common case, and because it's
> > encouraged to keep discussion on the list.
> >
> > If whoever manages the python lists doesn't want to do it, either
> > because they have some practical reason or because they've got a bug
> > up their ass about mail readers without list support, thats fine. But
> > it's hardly incorrect to configure it with the reply-to set to the
> > list, either.
>
> No, it's not correct to modify Reply-To. Some reasons:

None of those are reasons, they're opinions and weary old excuses. I'm
not necessarily saying munging is the correct thing to do (although,
personally, I support it and would prefer if the python lists did it)
but it's about a clash of opinions about what cases and behaviors
should be supported and encouraged. Since it's obviously not my call
as I'm not the admin of the python lists I adjust to what the list
does, but claiming that people asking for the other behavior are
incorrect or out of line in some way is just unjustified.