Andreas Lobinger wrote:
Aloha,

rbt wrote:

Thanks guys... what if I convert it to PS via printing it to a file or something? Would that make it easier to work with?

Not really...
The classical PS Drivers (f.e. Acroread4-Unix print-> ps) simply
define the pdf graphics and text operators as PS commands and
copy the pdf content directly.

Wishing a happy day
    LOBI

I downloaded ghostscript for Win32 and added it to my PATH (C:\gs\gs8.15\lib AND C:\gs\gs8.15\bin). I found that ps2ascii works well on PDF files and it's entirely free.

Usage:

ps2ascii PDF_file.pdf > ASCII_file.txt

However, bundling a 9+ MB package with a 5K script and convincing users to install it is another matter altogether.