Hi everyone,

I'm having quite some troubles trying to convert Unicode to String
(for use in psycopg, which apparently doesn't know how to cope with
unicode strings).

The error I keep having is something like this:
ERREUR:  Séquence d'octets invalide pour le codage «UTF8» : 0xe02063

(sorry, locale is french, it means "byte sequence invalid for encoding
<<utf8>>", the value is probably an e with one of the french accents)

I've found lots of stuff about this googling the error, but I don't
seem to be able to find a "works always"-function just to convert a
unicode variable back to string...

If someone could find me a solution, that'd really be a lifesaver.
I've been losing hours and hours over this one :s

thijs