On Sep 24, 7:23 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, coldpizza
> wrote:
>
> > So far, with mysql I use 'SELECT * FROM TABLE LIMIT L1, L2' where L1
> > and  L2 define the range for the 'Next' and 'Previous' commands. I
> > have to run the query every time a click a 'Next/Prev' link. But I am
> > not sure that this is the best and most efficient way.

> Try it first, then see what happens. Remember, premature optimization is the
> root of all (programming) evil.

It turned out that the method above ('SELECT * FROM TABLE LIMIT L1,
L2') works ok both with mysql and sqlite3, therefore I have decided to
stick with it until I find something better. With Sqlite3 you are
supposed to use LIMIT 10 OFFSET NN, but it also apparently supports
the mysql syntax (LIMIT NN, 10) for compatibility reasons.