vegetax wrote:
How can i use a counter inside the recursive function?
This code gives me the error 'local variable 'c' referenced before
assignment'

I really don't think it does. I'd believe "local variable 'COUNTER' referenced before assignment".

Rule one: always copy and paste the traceback ...

I presume you want a count of the directories you have traversed?

#!/usr/bin/python
from os import listdir
from os.path import isdir,join,basename
import HTMLgen