actuary77 wrote:
Robert Kern wrote:

actuary77 wrote:

#================================================
#  non-generator
#================================================

def f1(afunc,aseed,n): values = [afunc(aseed)] for i in range(n-1): values.append(afunc(values[-1])) return values[-1]

_b=time()
for _i in range(0,100):
    _y = f1(myfunc,seed,n)

Why do you do this? The whole point of this approach was to keep the intermediate results instead of recomputing them every time!

The point is to get some meaningful results when "timing" the function.

No, they're not meaningful. You're taking an intrinsically linear algorithm and making it quadratic. That's never a good thing. The function I gave you does exactly the same thing as the function you have here plus the loop, but it does it faster. You asked for faster ways of doing the task; I gave you one.

And why do you prepend underscores everywhere? It's bad Python style.

I prepend underscore to differentiate local,private variables vs. global variables. Do not want to create a conflict. It is my understanding that this is the Python style for local v. global variables.

It isn't.

Just use non-obfuscated variable names. There are cases where you want a leading underscore, but you haven't hit one, yet.

--
Robert Kern
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  -- Richard Harter