"Steven D'Aprano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
| (7) It occurs in Python 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5, but not 2.5.1.
|
| Do we treat this as a solved problem and move on?

If the problem was fixed accidentally as an undocumented by product of a
patch aimed at something else, it might get similarly unfixed without
triggering a test failure.  So if someone pins down the problem source well
enough to warn future maintainers in a comment or commit note, all the
better.  Otherwise, wait until a reversion happens, if ever.