Hi,

i get an "Unable to relay for" when trying to send an email from within
my network to an email address not on my domain.
I don't understand why it says "relaying" as i'm sending from an
internal domain user to an external user.
Email server is exchange 2003

See this trace

 >>> smtp.sendmail("[EMAIL PROTECTED]", ["[EMAIL PROTECTED]"], msg)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "C:\Python25\Lib\smtplib.py", line 695, in sendmail
     raise SMTPRecipientsRefused(senderrs)
smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused: {'[EMAIL PROTECTED]': (550, '5.7.1
Unable to relay for [EMAIL PROTECTED]')}

The smpt var is this:
smtp = smtplib.SMTP(server) where server is my mail server

I can mail to any user that is part of mydomain.be but as soon as i try
an external address, i get the "Unable to relay" message.

With a mail program it works but i need to be able to do it via code.
I thought that i would have to authenticate (smtp.login) to our mail
server but that didn't resolve the issue

Any idea how i could do this?

Thanks
Benedict