I've been running python for years and have never had trouble installing until today. I am trying to install Python 2.3.5 from python.org on my windows 2000 box. I uninstalled everything from the previous Python, downloaded and ran the exe and everything appeared to run correctly (even got the "Python installed correctly" screen). Reboot. When I open a dos window and type "python" I am told it doesn't know that that is! The file association with seems to work. Do I need to map the PATH myself? Everything's in the default directory (C:\Python23).

Thanks for your help,
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859
Computer Programmer          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.