Response to message [1] on trac.devel (as I cannot write there, due to
an informally applied censorship)

Mr. Boos: "I left that ticket open simply to avoid having someone to
reopen it over
and over..."

(note to reader: this someone is me)

Mr. Boos, the ticket status should reflect reality. So, if reality
says "the ticket is open", no one can (should" close it.

The essens of the ticket is, that you should trust you own results.
You should use your development version, in order to obtain feedback.
Of course I understand (seeing the terrible processes of the team),
that you distrust your own results, prefering to let user do the dirty
work of development-version-usage.

Your inability to follow even the most rational suggestions subjecting
development-processes, e.g. this one:

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/6614#comment:36

will lead (together with the terrible quality of the trac source-code
base) soon to an even more stucked development progress. Be assured
that users see this (although they don't say much, like me).

Do you actually realize that you're working since over a year on
0.11?

Nothing is more fun that to watch the trac project running into one
after another problem during development. At least you give other
teams a good example of "how to ruine a good open-source product".

http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/TracAudit

-

To readers:

The project hunts since months a memory-leak - without success.

I'm wondering that python makes so much trouble in finding it. Seems
to be another very fundamental reason to leave this "joke of a
language" (python).

-

[1]

http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev/msg/1cbcaf2b5fdc8abe

From: Christian Boos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:

> Does it make sense to keep http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4315 open?

I left that ticket open simply to avoid having someone to reopen it
over
and over... That ticket is a bit useless in that it has anyway always
been the policy of the project to run the latest stable release. And
that works quite well in practice. I imagine t.e.o would already be
running 0.11b1 now, if we didn't have those memory issues. As for
documenting the blocker issues, doing that directly on the milestone
page is more effective anyway. So I'd say let's just not make a fuss
about this one and we'll close it once t.e.o gets upgraded to 0.11.

-- Christian