SPJ wrote:
> I am trying to create new tickets in the ticketing system using python. When
> receive new email from a particular address, I have to trigger the python
> script
> and parse the mail  in required format.
>
> The  main hurdle here is,  how to invoke the script on arrival of new mail? I
> checked the outlook settings and found that it supports only microsoft VB
> script
> and Jscript. Is there any other way? I mean, if I make a daemon, how will it
> be
> notified of new mail? Is there any python module that does this?
>
> I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, since it is also a
> microsoft related question. But any help is appreciated.

Outlook does have some events in its automation interface
(which you can handle from within Python by using
win32com.client.DispatchWithEvents) but if an immediate response
weren't critical it's probably slightly easier to schedule a job
to interrogate the mailbox every so often and harvest any new
emails. Depends on your particular need.

TJG