James Stroud wrote:
On Wednesday 16 March 2005 07:22 am, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

As I said: show me which parentheses to use

I kind of like the comma as a tuple "parentheses"

,1,2,3,

replacing

(1,2,3)
or
1,2,3,
or
1,2,3
or (isn't this is getting out of hand?)
(1,2,3,)

Why not--except of course for backward compatability? Comma is not used for anything else in python as far as I know.

[1, 2, 3] {'a': 0, 'b': 2} f(x, y) print foo,

This would be very unambiguous.

Not entirely.

Then, the purity would manifest itself the naked comma being an empty tuple. Think about the zen of:

,

Is that a tuple or grit on my monitor? :-)

--
Robert Kern
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  -- Richard Harter