Antoon Pardon wrote:
My peeve is about having operators added to standard types. This increases the chances that using an object the wrong way leads to a bogus result, not a runtime error. A more common programming error I commit is passing a string where a list ist expected. And then I wonder why later operations work on one-character strings.

The standard answer to this seems to be to use unittesting.

I do detect that there is a problem. It just takes longer to find the source of bogus data than to look at a stack trace.

Daniel