I want to make a pygtk app that consists completely of a window. When I run it, a menu should appear where the mouse cursor is. I've been looking at the official pygtk tutorial and documentation, but everything seems to assume that I'm either creating a window to put the menu in (I just want it to be the menu floating by itself) or that I want a button press to trigger the menu appearing (it should just pop into existence when I run it).

I've tried just creating some menu items, appending them to a menu and then calling menu.popup(None,None,None,0,0) but nothing happens :/