I downloaded and installed Phyton 2.52 (it works), numpy-1.0.4.win32-
py2.5, and scipy-0.6.0.win32-py2.5

I can´t get Numpy to show up at Python´s  IDLE, or command line. If I
do:

# I get
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    import Numeric
ImportError: No module named Numeric

And if I do:
# I get
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I restarted the machine and double clicked in the same file
numpy-1.0.4.win32-py2.5 again, it asked whether I wanted to reinstall
or repair, I chose repair. I tried the same commands again after this
but I got the same results.

Next, I went o the Python25 "site packages"  subdirectory and there I
found "setup.py" and "readme.txt" files. I did  run the setup with no
changes and the readme file suggested to run the setup.py scrip. No
changes.

Any help with this mater will be much appreciated,

Adolfo