D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
On Thu, 08 May 2008 07:31:17 -0400
Brian Vanderburg II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is sort of related, but I'm wondering what is different between "#!/usr/bin/env python" and "#!python". Wouldn't the second do the same thing, since an absolute path is not specified, find 'python' from the PATH environment, I don't really know.

Well, I know what happened when I tried it.  What happened when you
tried it?

I haven't tried it but I've seen some files like written that in the past with just a name and no path for some other interpreter (perl or sh probably) and didn't know what the different was or if it was even valid. I at a windows system now so I can't try it yet.

Brian Vanderburg II