Alan Isaac wrote:
Anton Slesarev wrote:
I've read great paper about generators:
http://www.dabeaz.com/generators/index.html Author say that it's easy to write analog of common linux tools such as awk,grep etc. He say that performance could be even better. But I have some problem with writing performance grep analog.

https://svn.enthought.com/svn/sandbox/grin/trunk/

As the author of grin I can definitively state that it is not at all competitive with grep in terms of speed. grep reads files really fast. awk is probably beatable, though.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco