inhahe a écrit :
Both the responses offer lambda free alternatives. That's fine, and
given the terse documentation and problems that I had understanding
them, I would agree. So what applications are lambdas suited to? I
think the parameterised function model is one.
What else?

i've hardly ever used lambdas since map() and filter() were replaced by list comprehension. two other uses I can think of for it are: using it as a sorting key (which takes a function and lambdas are perfect for that when a direct function isn't available. for example, lambda x: x.myName),

import operator
foos.sort(key=operator.attrgetter('myName'))