Vicent Giner wrote:
Hello.

I am new to Python. It seems a very interesting language to me. Its
simplicity is very attractive.

However, it is usually said that Python is not a compiled but
interpreted programming language —I mean, it is not like C, in that
sense.

I programmed several large optimization problems in python. Mostly I used the old numeric extension for the optimization parts eg vector calculations matrix inversions etc etc, but I think numpy is used now. Since most of the work was performed in the C extension we didn't really notice the 'slowness' of python's interpreter.
--
Robin Becker