Jeff Shannon wrote:
Unless I'm seriously mistaken, the only way that this will be possible is if there's a Win32 API call that will give the correct information. This might be possible to find in the MSDN documentation, if it exists, but I suspect that it probably doesn't.

Just thinking: in NT, XP, and friends, the "DOS" console has a scrollback buffer. In addition, even in 98 you can cut and paste text in a console window. Both of these are clear evidence that the data is available. Whether the API to get to it is well-documented and available remains to be answered... I'm guessing it is, somewhere... -- http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list